Tyger Cub for Henry of Caer Adamant. Backlog Scroll Dated 2/13/16 AS L Brennan II & Caoilfhionn II


Know ye, All to Whom these Words Present,
that We, King Brennan II - the Strong & his Inspirational
Wife, Queen Caoilfhionn - the Wise, have heard of a Youth who
Impresses all he meets. Said Youth is a True Gentleman, though
still a Child. He is wont to Volunteer, lending a hand in help or
a back in strength for Event Set up & breakdown or
by hauling supplies to the Lists.  His Eagerness to Assist 
in the less desirable jobs - preparing the Archery & Thrown 
Weapons Ranges - make him an Asset at any Event. He is Kind, 
Polite, and Focused on Service, never taking his own rest until 
assured the Work is Done. Therefore does Young Henry
of  Caer Adamant deserve induction into Our most
Renown ORDER OF THE TYGER'S CUB and so do We
name him a Page of Our Court. Done by Our hands
this Thirteenth day of February 2016 Anno Societas L
at the Schola in the Shire in Our Fair Shire of 
Caer Adamant. 



My first Kingdom Level Scroll. 
Again all words and art are original. 
I did trace the award medallion. 
That Spikey Tyger!! 
#TeamBlueSquare 



I did not take as many pics as I should have on this one. 
I didn't get a good image of the border, or the cute little arrow in the upper right corner.
Nor did I get a shot of the Illuminated capital. 
The colors of the background of the capital are based on the Populace Badge of Caer Adamant. 

For a first scroll, it's OK. 
It was a Backlog, meaning it was not given out at the event at which it was recorded. 
There was really no time limit on when to turn it in. 
This was the 3rd full copy. 
There were about 3 drafts too.
And, sorry, no pics of the earlier versions. 
By the time I was working on this one, I had memorized the words, and was doing the calligraphy without penciling first. 
I have since learned that this is NOT the best way to do stuff. 
I work much better if everything is thoroughly mapped out, taped off and pre-sketched. 
This was probably Henry's first Scroll. 
Based on his described volunteerism, it shouldn't be his last. 
May his next scroll be done by a more seasoned Scribe than I was then.

Comments